Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

It's that time again! 

I just had myself a gut laugh when I reviewed last year's resolutions.

Dude. I failed.

Here's my 2012 New Year's Resolutions report card:



I said I would:
What I really did:
I will limit myself to 5 episodes of Psych per week. (Okay, six.)
I became even more obsessed with Psych. I also became completely, ridiculously, irreparably obsessed with Battlestar Galactica.
I will download the new maps to my Garmin GPS, so that the little Australian man will stop trying to drive me into the ocean.
Success!
I will lose 10 pounds. (Okay, six.)
Success!
I will send out the 2010 Christmas cards.
Fail.
I'll get started on the 2011 Christmas cards.
Fail.
I will contribute to the MOPS newsletter.
Fail. And I quit MOPS. There were too many kids there.
On Tuesdays, I will get dressed.
Fail.
I will get the oil changed in the minivan.
Success!
I will find the freakin' remote control.
Success!
I will stop using the word "freakin."
Success! Now I use the word “frackin.”


I think we can all agree that I can do better, right?

So here, without further ado ... are my 2013 New Year's Resolutions:

1.  I will spend less time fantasizing about characters from Battlestar Galactica.

2.  I will learn to read clef notes without getting brain cramps.

3.  I will spend less time on Twitter. And Foursquare. And GetGlue. I will just waste less time in general.

4.  Instead of buying new socks, I will sort and match the socks in the sock box. Scratch that. I will make that a math project for the 3-year-old.

5.  I will have more dance parties with the children. And I will let them dance too.

6.  I will finish the 5-year-old's baby book.

7.  I will limit myself to one trip to Dunkin' Donuts per day. 

8.  will figure out how to take my children into a store without having a frackin' nervous breakdown.


How do you think I will do? Happy New Year to you!


6 comments:

  1. I love this!!! And I happen to know you hit the "weight loss" goal out of the park!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks. I hate to publicly admit how much I lost. Cause that means admitting how much I once gained. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love Battlestar Galactica. We own the entire series...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather! I think we're twins. I'm not sure how I lived so long without BSG, though I believe I was more productive back then. ;) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete